special topic days
On Special Topic Days, the College community sets aside the regular routine to take part in a day organized around an important issue. These days are often led by students.
We have three Special Topic Days scheduled for 2013/14:
- September 21, 2013. This was a day of group challenges that allowed reflection on the UWC values
- January 29, 2014 (See the photo album on Flickr here.) The day provided opportunities for discussion of religion as personal (how we practice our religion, what it means to us, etc.) as well as the role and significance of religion on campus, and more broadly in the world.
GLOBAL FUTURES DAY
- February 20, 2014. A day of workshops and speakers around the themes of 'What world is probable?', 'What world is possible?', and 'What skills do we need to make a difference?'
- Sustainability day, February 13.2013, Focusing on climate change, energy conservation and global inequities in resource use
- Global Citizenship summit, January 22, 2013
- Jack Matthews Challenge day, September 27, 2012, in celebration of UWC 50th anniversary