Pearson College welcomes guests to our beautiful campus in Pedder Bay. In addition to the trails and idyllic natural surroundings, we offer a number of amenities available to rent throughout the year when not in use by the students, from meeting rooms and lodging, to bike, kayak and boat rentals. Below is a list of some of the facilities you'll find on campus. If our location sounds perfect for your event, please contact us for more information.
Auxiliary Programs and Community Relations Coordinator
• Pearson offers a select number of housing accommodations for those wishing to stay on campus
• Dorms typically house 1 to 4 people per room, and common areas act as a gathering space or meeting room, and include a kitchenette
• Bathrooms are shared
• Guest WiFi is available across campus
THE MOLSON POOL:
• The Molson Pool is an indoor, heated, 25-metre pool
• A small exercise room is located in pool building, with cardio equipment and free weights
• Change rooms with washroom and showers are available in pool building
THE MAX BELL THEATRE:
• The Max Bell Theatre features auditorium-style seating for 300
• This space is ideal for presentations, performances, movies or can be used as a rehearsal space
• Ready for audio and video input, with theatre-style lighting
• Explore the night skies with the largest private telescope in Canada
• Our observatory rests on the picturesque hill above the Max Bell Theatre
ONDAATJE ART HALL:
• The art hall has a variety of rooms and studios available, most with inspiring ocean views
• This area is available for use as a studio space to spread out and enjoy your creative process
Our campus has a variety of classrooms, lecture halls and lounges of all sizes, from intimate to grand, ideal for meetings or conferences.
• Jane & Jack Matthew’s Room — 40 person capacity
• The LLT (Little Lecture Theatre) — 80 person capacity
• Alcan Seafront Common Room — 50 person capacity
• The Spiritual Centre — 40 person capacity
• Cafeteria — 200 person capacity
Explore the surrounding countryside on two wheels! Jump on the popular Galloping Goose trail or pedal to nearby parks and lakes.
• Daily & weekly rates
• Take your pick from our fleet of 18 bikes
KAYAK & CANOE RENTALS:
• 10 Single ocean kayaks
• 1 Double ocean kayak
• 7 canoes
SAIL BOAT RENTALS:
• 3 keel boats
• 7 Lasers
• 2 420’s
Join us for a guided tour of Race Rocks Ecological Reserve with one of our marine experts. The Island is home to the famous Lighthouse, seals, sea lions and numerous species of birds. Or choose a different destination, tailored to your interests.
If you are already certified, come dive with us! Explore the marine life of the Pacific, some of the best diving in the world. Our dive masters can take you to some amazing sights! We provide all the equipment.
RACE ROCKS ECO-RETREAT:
Take some time for yourself; relax, meditate, enjoy the wildlife or focus on your art. Spend a few nights on this secluded island in our comfortable, fully equipped living quarters. A truly unique and peaceful experience especially suited to: artists, photographers, writers, birders and nature lovers.
• Soccer field
• Outdoor basket ball & tennis courts
• College vans for rent
• Event catering available